Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Welcome to Honduras


This was my first trip to Honduras and wow, what an amazing experience!  I couldn't imagine what I was going to see, hear, smell, touch, or do while I was preparing for this trip, but now that I am home, my heart longs to go back... it is the 2nd poorest country but its people are some of the dearest!!!  Here we are about to "drop down" for our landing...

They have great roads here... HAHAHA!!!!  This is an area where one lane literally just fell off the side of the mountain...

Between Tegucigalpa (the capital city that we flew in to) and Cholutecca (where we stayed for the week) the roads are "paved" and act as their version of an interstate (and I use that word very loosely!!!) They do have "public transportation" if you are willing to be like this man and run and jump on the moving bus...
 

Here is the awesome ChristWay team that I came with! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: